The CNKI – China National Knowledge Infrastructure provides full IP-based access to its databases to all EISZ member institutions from 1 November 2021 to 28 February 2022.
On 8 November, 2 December, 6 January and 4 February, webinars in English will be held to introduce the various services. Those who participate in all four webinars and answer the questions on the EISZ Secretariat’s website will be entered into a draw to win a large-capacity external hard drive!
What is CNKI?
The China National Knowledge Infrastructure is the most comprehensive scientific platform in China: it contains full-text journals, dissertations, yearbooks, reference works, e-books, encyclopedias, patents, standards, scientific and technological achievements, laws, and regulations. In addition to Chinese resources, it also covers more than 500 million international scientific contents from 700 major publishers in over 80 countries.
CNKI has more than 30 000 institutional users in China and 1600 outside China, covering 76% of the world’s top 500 universities.
Some of the electronic information available in the database is available in Chinese, but the translation tool on the platform allows you to translate the article you want into English instantly.
Available at: oversea.cnki.net
What scientific resources are available on CNKI platforms?
- As of 1915, 8388 journals, 58 million articles, covering 99.9% of Chinese scientific journals;
- Main disciplines: humanities and social sciences, philosophy, science and technology, agriculture, medicine, and health;
- China Academic Journals Full-text Database
- China Doctoral Dissertations and Master’s Theses Full-text Database China Core Newspapers Full-text Database
- China/International Proceedings of Conference Fulltext Database
- China Yearbooks Full-text Database
- Academic Monographic Serials Database
- China Patent Full-text Database
- CNKI E-Books
- China Reference Works Online
- China Hospital Knowledge Service Platform
- Online-first Publishing on COVID-19
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Knowledge Service
- Platform / TCM Video Online
- China Art Library
- China Legal Knowledge Integrated Database
English language content:
- CNKI Journal Translation Project
- Academic Reference
- Academic Focus
- China Data Insights
- National Population Census of China
- November 8, 2021
Journal and monograph series
Dissertations and conference proceedings
- December 2, 2021
English language resources
- January 6, 2022
Patents and STEM resources
- February 4, 2022
Medical science resources
Trial is available through academic IP addresses and from home with the help of the proxy server.
If you have any questions, please send a message to e-help.
Date: October 26, 2021