The University of Szeged Klebelsberg Library has signed a contract with Enago, a company that provides proofreading services for manuscripts of international journal articles in English.
The aim of the service is to proofread manuscripts for submission to international journals.
The proofreading service can be requested under the following terms and conditions:
- the corresponding author of the publication must be affiliated with the University of Szeged
- the target journal must be included at both Journal Citation Reports and Scimago Journal Rank, MDI, Frontiers and Hungarian journals are excluded
- the authors’ publications published since 2014 should be included in the MTMT database with external publication identifier(s) and institutional affiliation
- the accepted manuscript and/or published version of the authors’ every publication published since 2014 must be uploaded to the SZTE Repository of Publications by setting the appropriate institutional archiving permissions according to the publisher’s copyright transfer agreement. The checking process covers the following subtypes of publications in the MTMT:
- journal article (article, review article, note, short or rapid communication),
- book (as an author of an academic textbook or a monograph),
- book section (book chapter, study).
Our authors can choose from the following services:
Copy Editing services are designed for quality-conscious authors requiring a thorough language check of their manuscripts. Papers submitted to this service are returned free of language, grammar, and punctuation errors, in addition to any mistakes in technical terminology.
- Language and Grammar Check
- Style and Consistency
- Technical Accuracy
Substantive Editing is specifically tailored to the needs of the global scientific research community—in particular, quality-conscious authors looking to submit their work to high-impact peer-reviewed international journals. Our Substantive Editing services cover all aspects of Copy Editing. In addition, they include advanced editing which focuses on logic, structure, and presentation of your manuscript.
- Copy Editing
- Logical Flow
- Content Enhancement
In case of Substantive Editing, the manuscript insurance service enables the re-editing of manuscripts including the authors’ new modifications for 1 year free of charge.
The costs of proofreading are covered by the library.
The proofreading process is completed within 5 workdays.
When submitting your request, you must provide:
- the type of your chosen proofreading service (Copy or Substantive Editing),
- the title and the ISSN of the target journal,
- the specific subject of the article according to this list.
- For verification, please, also send us the MTMT IDs of all authors of the publication who are affiliated with the University of Szeged.
- If you would like Enago to format the manuscript according to the requirements of the selected journal, and you have submission guidelines, please send it to us, we will forward it to the company.
- For formatting, please specify the type of publication: Original Article, Case Report, Review Article or Others.
The desired format of the manuscript is a Word document.
/For reasons of cost-effectiveness, the reference list is not submitted for proofreading./
In case of manuscripts exceeding 10,000 words limit, the University of Szeged Klebelsberg Library reserves the right to decide upon the grant of proofreading.
Requests should be sent to the following email address: email@example.com